Friday 4 July 2008

the reason i vanished for a while !!!!

  outside where i live...

as you can see things got a bit warm....!!

sticky back plastic holding the glass in................. also the stairs you see are the only way out for the people in the upstairs flats............!!!!

what was left of the electrics and phone cables........... not a lot as you can see

20+ feet away......still started to melt the lid...

 one of the few things not turned to ash.......  a bed dumped in the bin area,next to the electric area with heaven knows what,and polystyrene.............. need i say more

we were without electric for 5 days.. and phone/internet for just under 2 weeks,

now we wait for the repairs to be done, the most important ones being getting the glass sorted and lighting back on the stairs as at the moment it is horrendous for people living upstairs, having to feel there way ,

nuff moaning for now............ will keep you updated with repairs as and when they happen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vandalism is so bloody mindless, Sue, and this was extremely dangerous. Suppose it was lucky that nobody was hurt - or was there?

Anonymous said...

OMG!
How awful! {{{{}}}}
Came by & reset my alerts. Saying a little prayer for all.
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

How terrible!  I hope nobody was hurt.  Fire is such a dreadful thing.  Hope you all get back to normal really soon.  Have re-set my alerts as I was not getting any from you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Being caught in a fire is one of my greatest fears. I hope things are able to return to normal for you soon my dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I didn't get any alerts for you so I missed this.  How awful for you ~ I was in a fire and it is one of my greatest fears to this day.  Sorry you had to go through this.
Lisa