Saturday 15 December 2007

my furry friend

this is my little furry friend princess

her life began on the first of july 1994,she came to live with us in the september of that year, and basicly life was never the same after that,  she was adopted by our older cat suzie and shown the ropes etc, when princess was about 9 months old we were adopted by another kitten, peaches,  so she was then put in her place by suzie and princess,  sadly just before that christmas we lost suzie,            

both princess and peaches spent days just wandering about looking for her,then cuddleing up together,           so now princess was the oldest and in theory the boss,  we wodered if this would be the case as she was handicapped and thought peaches would take over, but no, if peaches was out of order she got a slap for it,                       when we took princess for her first check up at the vets he said she would be lucky to have 4-5 years due to her disabilities,but with much home `physio` she managed to keep her tail and right front leg and the other legs became stronger,  so much so we didnt see her as any different to any other cat,       over the years she made many human friends and kept them in their place, quite often on the floor, as she wanted the chair they had just been sitting on and had got it to the required temperature for her comfort,           she also had her own hotwatter bottle ( due to her arthritis )                                                she also had a heart of gold if i was unwell or upset she would come and find me and cuddle up to me,                                                                                                           july this year she became a teenager....... and was as full of bounce as she always had been , earlier this week i got into trouble as she was doing her `rounds` in the garden and discovered that the water in the bird bath was frozen,so she duely found me and showed me the error of my ways , the following day she wasn`t bothered about checking the water, the day after that i took her to the vets in the morning as her breathing was a little rattley     ( she only had 1 fully funcioning lung ) he kept her in for tests and i colected her a couple of hours later,    she had fluid in and around her lungs and an enlarged heart,             he said to take her home and love her as this would be her last christmas,   i took her home ,(and cried a lot ) later that evening i had to go back to the vets, my partner came with me,  and we had to let her go,i was allowed to stay with her and held untill i couldn`t keep her warm any more, i dont know who was crying most, me, my partner,or the vet,                                                                                                          i`m useless at expressing my feelings face to face i hope you dont mind me writing all this here,

PRINCESS

1st JULY 1994--13th DECEMBER 2007

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did very well, Sue, reaching more than 13 years. You did all you could and more. I once had a cat that lived to be 16 with chronic serious kidney failure. He always drank loads of water, was supposed to be on a low protein diet, but caught and ate 3 mice a day, every day. Know how you feel.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

Sue, that was a lovely age she reached; cherish her memory and know that she is no longer suffering.......I am sure she will send you a kitten to love and it will be paw-picked by her. Take care my friend, love Joan
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/
http:??journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/TheBandAyleysComet/

Anonymous said...

oh sue thats so sad, heartbreaking cats although independant are great companions. my thoughts are with you

Yasmin
xxx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat and was so lucky to have you for a mommy. Pets take not only a peice of our hearts when they leave but part of our soul.I know they wait for us at heavens gate.
many hugs
connie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, I feel your pain, have been there as many have.  She was the most beautiful cat.  Please remember and always know that you gave her a wonderful life, it might have been much shorter had she gone elsewhere. Your love for her and hers for you will never die.  She will always hold a special place in your heart.  You did what had to be done as a responsible and caring owner should.  I know this does not fill the gap but it will get easier.  Maybe, in time, another kitten which is what we did.  They do not take the place, each animal is individual but it gives you something new to focus on and makes the loss easier to carry.  Big hugs to you my friend xxxxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I got your email, have done what you wanted. Also, have sent you an email re it.
Please know my thoughts & prayers are with you at this time. Let the good memories get you through.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your beautiful Princess.  She certainly was a beauty. She obviously had a good life with you for all her years.  She was one lucky cat. I, like many here, have been at the place you are in now, and time is a great healer and makes it a bit easier to bear.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  She is so beautiful!  And how blessed she was to  have you for a mom, who took loving care of her for 13 years.  She waits for you across the Rainbow Bridge.   With deeepest sympathy, Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you lost your Princess.  She is absolutely beautiful.  I know the pain you are feeling.  Princess sounds like a fighter and she had the best "mom" she could have asked for in you.  There isn't anything I can say to make you feel better ~ my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.  
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my wonderful cat a year ago this December.  Princess looks like she was a beautiful cat and sounds like a great companion.  You had her for so many good years, and I know you cherish those memories.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Now that was a cat who thought she was human...bless her!  You posted a wonderful photo of her sitting there in her warm place on the chair.  She looks to have been such a wonderful character and companion.   I'm so sorry for your loss.  She sounded a wonderful cat, one who could read you like a book.  I     hope time heals your heart and that you remember her for all the good times and not just for her last few days with you. She didn't suffer...bless her because you cared too much to let that happen.
Thinking of you and hoping the good memories return to cheer you up soon.
Hugs
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

This is my first time to your journal. I found it from Guido over at Northern Lights.
I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved Princess. My heart breaks hearing people in such pain over a loved one. Because they really are not just our pets: they are FAMILY.
Take good care of each other to get through this difficult time.
Again, my deepest sympathies.

Hugs,
Gayla